What is the state minimum wage?
- $13.18/per hour
- $6.59/per hour for tipped employees
What do I need to know about state withholding tax?
- All income earned by Vermont residents and part-year residents is subject to Vermont withholding tax
- All Income earned by non-residents within Vermont is subject to Vermont withholding tax unless the income was:
- For a dramatic performance in a commercial film as long as the income is excluded from personal income tax in the state of residence
- Full-time, active duty pay while stationed in Vermont from the armed services when the pay is earned outside of Vermont
- For activities or services to create or maintain a web or internet site
- New employers are required to register for a withholding account. Click here to register online.
What forms do employees need to set up state withholding?
- W-4VT – Employee’s Withholding Allowance Certificate
What do I need to know about unemployment tax?
- 2023 Taxable Wage Base – $13,500
- 2023 New Employer UI Rate – 1.0%
- With few exceptions, new employers are required to register for an unemployment tax account. Click here to register.
How do I report new hires to the state?
- Register and report new hires online
- Mail or Fax New Hire Reporting Form
- VDOL – New Hire Reporting
5 Green Mountain Drive
P.O. Box 488
Montpelier, VT 05601-0488
- Fax: (802) 828-4286
- Phone: (802) 828-4344
How do I submit Child Support payments?
- Register and remit payments online
- Mail coupon and payment to:
Office of Child Support
PO Box 1310
Williston, VT 05495-1310
- Phone: (800) 786-3214
Get A Quote For Vermont Payroll Services