What is the state minimum wage? (Effective January 1, 2021)
- $3.00/hour (tipped)
What do I need to know about state withholding tax?
- All income earned by residents of New Mexico is subject to New Mexico tax withholding.
- Income earned by nonresidents that are paid by an employer for services performed in New Mexico is subject to New Mexico tax withholding.
- Employers are not required to withhold New Mexico income tax from the wages of nonresident employees who work in New Mexico for 15 or fewer days during the calendar year.
- New employers are required to register for a withholding account. Click here to register online.
What forms do employees need to set up state withholding?
- Form W-4 – Employee’s Withholding Certificate (New Mexico does not have a state equivalent of the federal W-4 form).
What do I need to know about unemployment tax?
- 2023 Taxable Wage Base – $30,400
- 2023 New Employer UI Rate – 1.0% or Industry Rated, whichever is greater.
- With few exceptions, new employers are required to register for an unemployment tax account. Click here to register.
How do I report new hires to the state?
- Report new hires online
- New Mexico New Hires Directory
PO Box 2999
Mercerville, NJ 08690
- Fax: (888) 878-1614
- Phone: (888) 878-1607
How do I submit Child Support payments?
- Remit payments online
- State Disbursement Unit
Child Support Enforcement Division
PO Box 25109
Albuquerque, NM 87125
- Phone: (800) 288-7207
- Email: [email protected]
Get A Quote For New Mexico Payroll Services