What is the state minimum wage?
What do I need to know about state withholding tax?
- Income earned within Nebraska is subject to withholding tax for both residents and non-residents
- Income earned in another state by a resident of Nebraska is subject to Nebraska withholding tax
- New employers are required to register for a withholding account. Click here to register.
What forms do employees need to set up state withholding?
- Form W-4N – Employee’s Nebraska Withholding Allowance Certificate (Resident)
- Form W-4NA – Nebraska Income Tax Withholding Certificate (Nonresident)
What do I need to know about unemployment tax?
- 2023 Taxable Wage Base – $9,000
- 2023 New Employer UI Rate – 1.25%
- With few exceptions, new employers are required to register for an unemployment tax account. Click here to register.
How do I report new hires to the state?
- Report new hires online
- Mail or Fax the New Hire Reporting Form
Nebraska State Directory of New Hires
P.O. Box 144013
Austin, TX 78714-4013
- Fax: (866) 808-2007
- Phone: (888) 256.0293
How do I submit Child Support payments?
- Remit payments online
- Nebraska Child Support Payment Center
421 S 9th St #137
Lincoln, NE 68508
- Phone: (877) 631-9973
Get A Quote For Nebraska Payroll Services