What is the state minimum wage?
- No tip credit, meal credit, or training wage is allowed under Montana’s Wage & Hour Laws
What do I need to know about state withholding tax?
- Income earned within Montana is subject to withholding tax for both residents and non-residents – including non-resident aliens
- Montana and North Dakota have a reciprocal agreement – (Montana will not tax North Dakota residents on compensation for personal or professional services performed in Montana).
- New employers are required to register for a withholding account. Click here to register.
What forms do employees need to set up state withholding?
- Form MW-4 – Montana Employee’s Withholding Allowance and Exemption Certificate
What do I need to know about unemployment tax?
- 2023 Taxable Wage Base – $40,900
- 2023 New Employer UI Rate – Industry rated – (Find New Employer Industry rate here)
- With few exceptions, new employers are required to register for an unemployment tax account. Click here to register.
How do I report new hires to the state?
How do I submit Child Support payments?
- Remit payments online
Montana CSSD ATTN: TAPP
PO Box 8001
Helena, MT 59604-8001
- Fax: (406) 444-1370
- Phone: (406) 444-6856
- Email: [email protected]
Get A Quote For Montana Payroll Services