What is the state minimum wage?
- Tipped Employees must be paid half of the state minimum wage rate or $6.00 per hour
What do I need to know about state withholding tax?
- Income earned within Missouri is subject to withholding tax for both residents and non-residents.
- Withholding applies to wages of residents, regardless of where earned and to wages of nonresidents for income earned in Missouri.
What forms do employees need to set up state withholding?
- Form MO W-4 – Employee’s Maryland Withholding Exemption Certificate
What do I need to know about unemployment tax?
- 2023 Taxable Wage Base – $10,500
- 2023 New Employer UI Rate – 2.7%
- With few exceptions, new employers are required to register for an unemployment tax account. Click here to register.
How do I report new hires to the state?
- Register and report new hires online
- Mail or Fax one of the following hardcopy documents:
- Federal W-4 Form
- MO W-4 Form
- A printed list of data– created using at least a 10-point font size, and have the employer’s name, Federal Employer Identification Number, and address clearly displayed at the top of the report.
- Missouri Department of Revenue
PO Box 3340
Jefferson City, MO 65105–3340
- Fax: (573) 526-8079
- Phone: (888) 663-6751
How do I submit Child Support payments?
- Remit payments online
- Family Support Payment Center
PO Box 109001
Jefferson City, MO 65110-9001
- Fax: (573) 751-0507
- Phone: (888) 761-6390
Get A Quote For Missouri Payroll Services