What is the state minimum wage? 

  • $11.00/hour

What do I need to know about state withholding tax?

  • Income earned by residents, non-residents and part-year residents, from any Arkansas source, must file an Arkansas income tax return regardless of their individual income level.
  • Individuals that have wages paid from out-of-state employers who do not withhold taxes, must submit a Declaration of Estimated Tax Voucher.
  • New employers are required to register for a withholding account.  Click here to register.

What forms do employees need to set up state withholding?

  • AR4EC – Employee’s Withholding Exemption Certificate
  • AR4ECSP – Arkansas Employee’s Special Withholding Exemption Certificate
  • ARW-4MS – Annual Withholding Tax Exemption Certificate For Military Spouse

What do I need to know about unemployment tax?

  • 2023 Taxable Wage Base – $10,000
  • 2023 New Employer UI Rate – 3.1% (+ 0.2% stabilization tax)
  • UI Employer Handbook
  • With few exceptions, new employers are required to register for an unemployment tax account. Click here to register.

How do I report new hires to the state?

  • Report new hires online
  • Fax or mail Arkansas New Hire Reporting Form
  • Arkansas New Hire Reporting Center
    PO box 2540
    Little Rock, AR 72203
    Fax: 1‐800‐259‐3562
    Phone: 1‐800‐259‐2095

How do I submit Child Support payments?

Additional Resources:

Arkansas Wage Withholding Tax
Email: [email protected]
Phone 501-682-7290
Fax: 501-683-103
Arkansas Division of Workforce Services
P.O. Box 2981
Little Rock, AR 72203
[email protected]
Phone: 1-855-225-4440
Arkansas Department of Labor
10421 West Markham
Little Rock, AR 7220
Fax: 501-682-4535
Phone: 501-682-4501
[email protected]
Arkansas Unemployment Insurance Tax
Arkansas State Laws Arkansas Tax Forms & Publications

Get A Quote For Arkansas Payroll Services

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.