What is the state minimum wage? 

  • $7.25/hour (equals federal minimum wage)

What do I need to know about state withholding tax?

  • An employer must withhold Kansas tax if the employee is a resident of Kansas, performing services inside or outside of Kansas, or a nonresident of Kansas, performing services in Kansas.
  • New employers are required to register for a withholding account.  Click here to register online.

What forms do employees need to set up state withholding?

  • Form K-4 – Employee’s Withholding Allowance Certificate

What do I need to know about unemployment tax?

  • 2024 Taxable Wage Base – 14,000
  • 2024 New Employer UI Rate – 2.7%
  • With few exceptions, new employers are required to register for an unemployment tax account.  Click here to register.

How do I report new hires to the state?

  • Register and report new hires online (preferred method)
  • Report with the paper form
  • Kansas New Hire Directory
    P.O. Box 3510
    Topeka, KS 66601-3510
  • Phone (888) 219-7801
  • Fax (888) 219-7798 

How do I submit Child Support payments?

  • Remit payments online
  • Mail Check to:
    Kansas Payment Center
    P.O. Box 758599
    Topeka, KS 66675-8599
    Phone: (877) 729-6367

Additional Resources:

Kansas Department of Revenue Kansas Department of Labor
Kansas Workers’ Compensation Division – Employers Kansas Forms & Publications
Kansas Unemployment Insurance – Employer Handbook Kansas Department for Children & Families – Employers Payment Center
Kansas – State Laws

Get A Quote For Kansas Payroll Services

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.