What is the state minimum wage?
- $7.25/hour (equals federal minimum wage)
What do I need to know about state withholding tax?
- Income earned within Indiana is subject to withholding tax for both residents and non-residents
- Five states have a reciprocal agreement with the state of Indiana. They are Kentucky, Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin. All salaries, wages, tips, and commissions earned in these states by an Indiana resident must be reported as if they were earned in Indiana
- Residents of Kentucky, Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin who have Indiana income will report and pay tax on that income to their state of residence.
- New employers are required to register for a withholding account. Click here to register.
What forms do employees need to set up state withholding?
- WH-4 Form – Employee’s Withholding Exemption and County Status Certificate
- WH-4MIL – Annual Nonresident Military Spouse Earned Income Withholding Tax Exemption Form
What do I need to know about unemployment tax?
- 2023 Taxable Wage Base – $9,500
- 2023 New Employer UI Rate – 2.5%
- With few exceptions, new employers are required to register for an unemployment tax account. Click here to register.
How do I report new hires to the state?
- Report new hires online
- Indiana New Hire Reporting Center
PO Box 3006
Dublin, OH 43016
- Fax: (800) 408-1388
- Phone: (866) 879-0198
How do I submit Child Support payments?
Get A Quote For Indiana Payroll Services