What is the state minimum wage?
- $14.00/hour ($15.00 effective June 1, 2023)
What do I need to know about state withholding tax?
- Income earned within Connecticut is subject to withholding tax for both residents and non-residents
- A resident is subject to Connecticut income tax on all of his or her income regardless of where the income is earned. However, if the resident works in another state that imposes an income tax, the individual is also subject to tax in the state in which he or she works.
- New employers are required to register for a withholding account. Click here to register.
What forms do employees need to set up state withholding?
- CT-W4 – Employee’s Withholding Certificate
What do I need to know about unemployment tax?
- 2023 Taxable Wage Base – $15,000
- 2023 New Employer UI Rate – 2.8%
- With few exceptions, new employers are required to register for an unemployment tax account. Click here to register.
How do I report new hires to the state?
- Report new hires online
- Connecticut Department of Labor
Office of Research, ATTN: CT-W4
200 Folly Brook Blvd.
Wethersfield, CT 06109
- Phone: (860) 263-6310
How do I submit Child Support payments?