What is the state minimum wage?

  • $15.69/hour 

What do I need to know about state withholding tax?

  • Income earned within Connecticut is subject to withholding tax for both residents and non-residents
  • A resident is subject to Connecticut income tax on all of his or her income regardless of where the income is earned. However, if the resident works in another state that imposes an income tax, the individual is also subject to tax in the state in which he or she works.
  • New employers are required to register for a withholding account. Click here to register.

What forms do employees need to set up state withholding?

  • CT-W4 – Employee’s Withholding Certificate

What do I need to know about unemployment tax?

  • 2024 Taxable Wage Base – $25,000
  • 2024 New Employer UI Rate – 2.5%
  • With few exceptions, new employers are required to register for an unemployment tax account. Click here to register.

How do I report new hires to the state?

  • Report new hires online
  • Connecticut Department of Labor
    Office of Research, ATTN: CT-W4
    200 Folly Brook Blvd.
    Wethersfield, CT 06109
  • Fax:1-800-816-1108
  • Phone: (860) 263-6310

How do I submit Child Support payments?

Additional Resources:

Connecticut Department of Revenue Connecticut New Employer’s Guide
Connecticut Department of Labor Connecticut State Laws
Connecticut Child Support Information Forms & Publications

Get A Quote For Connecticut Payroll Services

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.